The REALTOR® of the Year Award has been established since 1969. In order to qualify for a REALTOR® of the Year, a member must meet the following criteria:
- Provide outstanding service to the Association, the Real Estate Profession and the promotion and practice of the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®. Emphasizes high ethical standards and principles of good real estate practice among other Brokers, Salespersons and the general public and presents a professional image.
- Holder of a California Real Estate license or California Appraisal License.
- Length of service to the Association.
- Actively participates on committees or leadership of the Association.
- Regular attendance at Association meetings.
- Shows an interest in Association activities and a desire to foster and promote Association ideals and goals.